Friday, February 20, 2009

Where to Be

A friend of mine said this today, and I liked it, so I wanted to share. I also feel like it pertains to where I am right now, spiritually and physically, and where I want to be.

"It is better to be in the center of God's will and be in a war, than outside of God's will and in a peaceful pasture."

Although the very opposite seems to be more comfortable and inviting, it is a trap for me that leads to complacency and stagnancy. The Word of God says that we are in the midst of a battle, and to think that I can ever just cruise along unscathed is a daydream. Jeremiah 29:11 says,

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

1 comment:

tesata2 said...

We touched on this in a discussion of Hebrews 5 on Sunday. Jesus prayed in agony about going through death and verse 7 says He was heard because of His reverent submission. He still had to go through the death, though. The agony of the human part of it. Yet God did answer and give Him victory over death. He saved Jesus from death, but not from going through the agony of it. And 8 says he learned obedience from what He suffered, even though he was a Son (that is switched around). If He, being the Son had to learn obedience through suffering, how much more do we?