Saturday, August 1, 2009

Update on the Beaches

Well, so much has been happening, and I feel like I need to give everyone an update and a reason why I haven't posted anything in a couple months.


First, school kept me very, very busy. This year should be much easier, and I am praying that it goes much more smoothly than last year. I know most of the students already, and I have had a year to figure out what "good classroom management" really means. I am actually getting excited - school starts in less than 3 weeks!


Secondly, We moved into a duplex two weeks after school was out! Yay for one more bedroom and 150 more square feet (I know it's not much, but when it's a small house, every little bit helps!). We are still organizing the place, since we didn't get much time there before we...


... were blessed with the opportunity to travel to China for 3 weeks to tour the countryside, teach English in a couple of schools, and make new friends. It was an amazing trip, and we are just now getting settled back in Texas. NOW we have to get back to the grind, and try to put the rest of our little home together.





Bryan has already registered for classes this fall, and I am trying to put together what I need to be ready for school. I get my keys to my classroom back this week!


All in all, we are very happy, very blessed, and we are so thankful for all that God has given us and taught us in the last few months. We feel like we are learning every day, and that we are walking in the will of our Lord Jesus Christ, Whom we seek to serve in everything we do!

No comments: