Saturday, February 16, 2008

B'day

Cake, candles, presents - all the things expected at a birthday party. The date life began in this world even has it's own special song, even if there isn't always the party or big whoop-dee-do.

Birthdays are precious, usually remembered first by the honoree, next by loved ones, then by various acquaintances... although sometimes it seems some birthdays are not remembered by others at all.

Psalm 139 offers some insight into how truly special each life is in the sight of its Creator. No person is ever forgotten, no day goes by without notice by the One who gives each breath of life.

"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."





What is truly amazing, is that the Lord God who created my life and knows me this deeply also knows each of the over 7 billion people in this world today. Each life is no accident, for there is a loving and caring God who deeply longs for them to know Him and have salvation through Jesus Christ. Not only that, but the Creator who knows them has also known and longed for each soul that has breathed the air on this earth since the beginning of creation.

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone... This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men..." 1 Timothy 2:1,4-5

For however joyous the celebration of the gift of life here on this earth is, it is incomparable to the glorious rejoicing there is in heaven when someone finds forgiveness and new life through Jesus Christ.

Luke 15:10 "In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

No comments: